Monday, November 7, 2011

An introduction

As a kid and teen, writing was nothing but a chore...a terrible chore; one that included 2 dreaded tasks - spelling things correctly and handwriting neatly. That's what school taught me was important about writing.  Nothing about conveying your message to the reader; not sharing something you are passionate about.  What a waste. Then came Dr. Machon's writing class in college.  He kicked my butt and taught me to stop worrying about things that an editor can take care of...just be a writer.  
This blog site allows me to be just that, a writer.  I hope I convey my message in a manner that shares my excitement for the good that change can bring to public education, and of course, I do hope you enjoy reading this.  Maybe you'll even promote some change after reading it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment